As said by Mughal Emperor Jehangir, 'If there is paradise on Earth, it is here, it is here, it is here. We are sure he wasn't wrong at all. Kashmir is part of the world-famous Union Territory of India, famous for its natural beauty. Some know it from the all-time great Led Zeppelin Song. Earning the title of 'Paradise on Earth'. This Union Territory has never failed to enthral the visitors. Kashmir is famous for its natural beauty and charming people and is home to a unique culture.
Kashmir has an unparalleled and exciting charm to it in every season, whichever of the seasons you decide to visit the valley in - Summer, Winter, Autumn, or Spring, you are welcome to explore its beauty with Le Quattro Stagioni humming in the back of your mind as you set eyes on the many beautiful things this place has to offer.
The valley of Kashmir has many destinations to offer, counting on from the famous Shikara ride in the beloved Dal Lake, the eloquent Mughal Gardens like Nishat, Shalimar, Pari Mahal, Chesmashahi, and Harwan to the mesmerizing tourist destinations such as Gulmarg, Pahalgam, Sonamarg, Yusmarg, Wayil, Doodhpathri, among many other. Kashmir leaves you satiated and always wanting to explore more of it.
The hospitality in Kashmir is wholehearted. The people here are kind-hearted and sociable, and it’s among the many things that keep the visitors lingering around longer than what they had planned for. The people of Kashmir are food lovers. Wazwan is an exclusive cuisine served on special occasions especially at weddings in Kashmir. It mostly includes Non-Vegetarian dishes like Roganjosh, Kabab, Rista, Goshtaba, Korma, Tabak Maaz, Yakhni, and other mouthwatering dishes eaten with rice.
Urdu and Kashmiri as their major languages though the majority of them have a great hold on English so you won’t have a communication barrier of any sort. Traditionally Kashmiri people wear a traditional dress called Pheran which is worn in Winter. It is a long loose gown worn by both men and women in Kashmir.
The forests of Kashmir are dense and rich and produce many precious medicinal herbs. The flora and fauna in Kashmir are equally enchanting. Kashmir is the prominent Saffron producing region in the world. Kashmiri Saffron, which grows in specific atmospheric conditions on the hills at Pampore, is the most expensive spice in the world.
The valley of Kashmir is known for its Art and Crafts like Pashmina shawls, Woolen Carpets, Wood carvings, Copper utensils, Silver objects, Paper Mache, Tusha Shawls. Visitors from all over the world are keen to shop for these articles. Persons and Shawls with Tilla, Aari embroidery, Zari, and Sozni embroidery attract many buyers from different countries.
Kashmir believes in rich traditional and religious etiquettes. There are hundreds of multi-religious holy places to visit. Among them are famous Charar-e-Sharief, Hazratbal shrine, Khanqah-e-Maula, Makhdoom sahib shrine, Dastgeer sahib, Jamia Masjid Srinagar, Chatti Padshahi Gurudwara, Shankaracharya Temple, Sharika Devi Temple, Hari Parbat Fort, Martand temple, Vaishno Devi, Raghunath Temple, Sant Rocha Singh Ashram among many other. The holy Amarnath Yatra takes place in Kashmir itself.
Come travel with us to this Valley of saints and explore the rich culture first hand. At Fly Paradise we offer customizable packages, there is something for everyone. Come on a trip of a lifetime and make memories you will cherish for many decades to come.
Things to do
- Visit the amazing saffron fields.
- Go rafting in Pahalgam
- Go paragliding on one of the many mountains
- Take a motor boat ride across dal lake
- Visit the State museum and explore the rich history
- Marvel the unique architectural style
Places to visit
- Patnitop – The Picture-Perfect Paradise
- Aru Valley – Perfect Place To Unwind and relax with a cup of tea
- Amarnath – A journey for your soul
- Sanasar – For all you Adventure Junkies
- Dachigam National Park - Flora & Fauna
- Khilanmarg – Paradise For Skiing, amazing scenery
- Baltal – For Picturesque Landscapes
- Bhaderwah – For Stunning Vistas
- Kishtwar National Park – Gaze at the Musk Deer & Himalayan Bear
Activities to do
- Houseboat stay at the dal lake
- A long and soothing Shikara ride
- Mountain Biking - Go mountain biking from Gulmarg-Pahalgam, Pahalgam-Srinagar, Sonmarg-Wular/ Manasbal Lake, Srinagar-Sonmarg
- Fairs & Festivals - Attend famous festivals like Mela Kheer Bhawani, Jhiri Mela, Shikara Festival & Saffron Festival, Spring Festival
- Lake Experience - Get an incredible lake experience via a Shikara ride on Dal & Nigeen Lakes.
- Jeep Safari - Top places for jeep safari are Yusmarg, Sonmarg, Bhaderwah, Gulmarg, Srinagar & Zoji Pass.